Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Reflection of Webquest

(1) Define / describe what a webquest is.
- A webquest is a lesson contained completely on a website. Students can visit each step of the lesson and return to each section if needed. Teachers also have a section dedicated for instruction.

(2) Describe how you will use webquests in your classroom when you teach.
- I, personally may never use a webquest in my classroom because I am a Health and Physical Education Major and my focus in my classroom will be on participation and raising one's heart rate. I do think this is a great way to include technology in a classroom especially when a teacher is out for a day or two. I can really only see myself using a webquest when I am absent to assist the substitute teacher in teaching my class for the day I am absent. I could possibly use this option for a health class.

(3) Indicate the pros and cons of using webquests.
- The pros of using webquest is that it can be a vital teaching tool for when a teacher is absent. The lesson that needs to be taught that day no matter the area of studies that the substitute has a degree in, the teacher of the classroom can ensure that students are learning the material needed to move along smoothly with the sylabus. Students can also return to each section if they need to. Students can move at their own pace.
- The cons of webquest is that it is difficult for a Physical Education teacher to integrate technology to begin with so using a specific tool like webquest is not always aplicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment