Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reflection on Podcasting

(1) Definition or description of podcasting.
- Podcast is a recording of a person's voice that can be listened to by many others. A website like Audacity is a free site that allows people to record their voice to make an MP3 file and then turn that into a podcast.

(2) How you will use podcasting in your classroom.
- Podcasting could be used in my gymnasium in an instructional or informational format. I could use podcasting to present a lecture to student if I know that I will be away for a conference or absent from school for some other reason. That way I know the material I want to be covered for that class period is being covered. I could also use podcasting to instruct students through an activity. Say I have stations set up around the gymnasium for a fitness circuit and I do not want to repeat when to change stations every class period. I could record myself using podcast blowing the whistle every 30 seconds to signify that the students should move to the next station. That way I am able to have more one on one time with the students helping them with technique or form.

(3) Pros and cons of podcasting.
- The pros I think are just what I stated in the second question, just that I could use podcasting in 2 beneficial ways by recording a lecture or recording a time sequence for a fitness circuit.
- The cons I believe are that a substitute teacher may not know how to access the podcast. Another down fall is that the school district I work with may not be able to afford the technology required for the podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment