Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Using Technology to Teach: A Follow up of My Initial Thoughts of Technology in the Classroom

Reflect on using technology to help the teaching and learning process in your classroom, keeping in mind tools we have discussed so far this semester (such as those you listed in your portfolio) and how your repertoire of strategies and techniques has grown since the beginning of the semester.
- Taking into account the amount of tools my eyes have been opened to a vast amount of creative and helpful ways to use technology in my gymnasium or classroom. In the beginning I was skeptical of how technology was going to be implemented in to a gymnasium. Because I have been taught that physical education is important to have well rounded students, I did not know how computers, a very physically inactive activity, could have a place in physical education class. Since movement is the focus, it took a lot to convince me that technology does have a place in the gymnasium. I really think it does, and I have learned a lot this semester including how to use wikis, podcast and delicious and many other tools. I will be using some of the tools to help my students learn, but the way that I use these tools will probably be different than a teacher of a classroom. The tools will be more to help me facilitate learning by giving me information and using the tools. The students are not actually going to sit down to use the computers during class. I will use the podcast to record a timing system for the fitness circuit and while I am absent from school. Some of the websites that are more geared toward the students like delicious may not be used as often. Again, I might use the website to help me be organized. I would love to make my own teacher webpage to keep students and teachers up to date on the activities. I could have tournament brackets and scores on my teacher web page so that students can show their parents achievements they reached in class. Also, to inform parents of students about field day and other special occasions. I may use a virtual tour to show students famous athletic places, but this would be a brief showing. Those are a few ways I would implement the information I have learned this semester into my gymnasium.

No comments:

Post a Comment